||Senior Network Design Engineer, Transport (Metro)
||Metro - Global Enterprise Services
||Network Design Engineering (Metro)
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||Team Leader, Network Design Engineering, Data (Metro)
Role Summary :
The role will be primarily responsible for architecting and developing the carrier infrastructure to provide Managed WAN solutions and application services to Reliance Globalcom's Enterprise customers.
He/She shall lead the improvement and integration of legacy Yipes infrastructure into RGCOM global network infrastructure, and optimizing the infrastructure and facilities for further gains in efficiency, performance, scalability, and reliability, and to support present and future services.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Shall monitor network performance, capacity utilization, and analyze root causes for any failures/degradation/SLA violations on regular basis, and implement upgrades / solutions to prevent any service degradations or failures. Carry out any customer migration plans on upgraded infrastructure as necessary.
- Shall identify key opportunities for network and cost optimization, expansion, enhancements, and enable new capabilities and services on the network, support standardization across RGCOM infrastructure, integration with other SBU, OSS and BSS systems.
- Shall initiate and lead proposals/projects, and implement them on management approvals.
- Shall participate in lab and field testing of new technologies and equipment for interoperability, performance, stability, and scalability, test new services, and generate structured documentation as necessary.
- Shall develop and manage provisioning templates, technical documentation, operations guidelines, troubleshooting and management scripts as necessary to ease operations.
- Shall be the technical subject matter expert, and provide guidance and escalation support to Operations, and enable services across RGCOM infrastructure, Partner NNIs and other SBUs as necessary.
- Shall validate and re-engineer solutions designed by regional Sales Engineers for standardization and enhancements, deploy the same on existing global network infrastructure, and augment the infrastructure as necessary to provide the services to the customers. Optimize the solutions for improved reliability, performance, and reduce costs.
- Shall develop/enhance internal and cross-functional processes and systems for improved efficiency and seamless delivery of all services to customers across RGCOM, RCOM and partner entities.
- Shall standardize technical specifications, improve security, and make enhancements to meet customer/business requirements.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Network performance: Service Uptime/MTTR/MTBF/Security events, SLAs (delivery time, RTD/Packet Loss/Jitter etc)
- New products / services tested and deployed, and acceptance in various markets
- Customer and revenue growth
- Network capability enhancements, consolidation of POPs/equipment etc
- Network expansion and coverage (POPs, Bandwidth, Partners/NNIs)
- Cost of delivering services (cost / mbps, cost / port), other Opex parameters, network capacity utilization and efficiency
- Accuracy, timeliness and quality of designs, proposals, documentation, project implementations and reporting
Contact with Others :
||Key interfaces shall be Engineering, Operations, Facilities, Product, Solutions Design/Pre-sales and Commercials
||Equipment vendors, Access partners, Hosting centers, test/certification agencies and others as necessary
Qualification & Experience :
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Educational / Academic Qualification- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering related to communications or IT
Professional Certifications / Additional Qualification- JNCIE / CCIE, or equivalent certifications, routing/switching/service provider
||7 years relevant experience with telecom carrier or major systems integrator providing managed WAN solutions or managing global network infrastructure
Candidate Specification :
Extensive hands-on experience in service provider environment in planning and design of network infrastructure providing managed WAN/VPN, Security, Voice and Cloud Computing services. Candidates from reputed systems-integrators with similar background, expertise in solutions design and managing complex enterprise WANs may also be considered.
Self motivated candidate with demonstrated maturity and ability to lead from the front.
Candidate shall be self motivated, result-oriented, and have excellent techno-commercial and managerial skills
Technical/Functional Skills : ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
Extensive experience in service provider environment in planning and design of network, service framework, and managed WAN / VPN, security, voice and cloud computing services.
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to email@example.com with “open position” in the subject line.
Advanced skills on Extreme Networks Juniper, Cisco and Redback/Ericcson carrier platforms, CPEs, Firewalls and 'network appliances' from leading vendors.
Extensive knowledge and experience in implementation and troubleshooting of RFC2547 and IPSec VPNs, VPLS - Kompella/Martini/EoMPLS Layer-2 VPNs, IS-IS, MPLS, LDP, RSVP, IPv4, IPv6, BGP/OSPF/IP Routing, Option-A/B/C NNI, network security, in-service router and OS upgrades, traffic engineering, and optimization.
Working experience with provisioning templates, scripting, detailed designs, MOP, planned works, and technical project management
Working experience in integration with OSS/BSS systems, Fault/Config/Performance/SLA management, usage measurements, Scripting on Unix platform (Shell, Perl etc) etc
Good knowledge about SONET/SDH, Ethernet variants, ATM/FR and other transport technologies. Good knowledge about 3G/Wireless access technologies and wireless VPNs, global wireless data roaming solutions etc
Knowledge about customized solutions, value added services including Security, WAN optimization/AAN, Cloud computing, and VoIP infrastructure, PoC to production.
Good knowledge of relevant standards, routing and switching equipment, tools, industry trends, and enterprise managed VPN, WAN optimization, Security, Cloud Computing, and managed voice and video services. The candidate shall have good research skills, an out-of-box thinker, and envision services of the future over various network platforms.