||Senior Technical Consultant
||Pre/post Sales Technical Consultant
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||New York City, NY
Role Summary :
The role of the Senior Technical Consultant is the responsibility to propose the best possible technical solution, as part of ultimately winning bids for major ($500K+ annual revenue) managed networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Technical Consultant is responsible for:
- The technical design, with approval by the Design Consultant;
- The cost base of the solution, including circuit infrastructure, equipment, and additional services;
- Presenting this solution internally to the bid team and externally to the client
- Quality, consistency and key differentiation are vital aspects of what the Senior Technical Consultant must ensure are fully optimized for each bid.
- The Senior Technical Consultant should be able to demonstrate strong market knowledge of global networks in front of the client, and be able to leverage existing knowledge around the business to strengthen this.
- Providing the cost base for the network is a key element of this role; the Senior Technical Consultant will be required to demonstrate a good working knowledge of equipment from various vendors including Cisco and Juniper.
- The Senior Technical Consultant will be required to help guide the client through the technical design process, with a good working knowledge of the various technologies involved. The objective will be to arrive at an optimized RGCOM solution.
**PLEASE NOTE: This role is only available to United States Citizens, Authorized US Permanent Residents, and others eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. NO EXCEPTIONS**
Key Performance Indicators :
Contact with Others :
- The Senior Technical Consultant will primarily be working on new logo business as part of a New Business sales team, and where required on major projects within existing Global enterprise accounts.
- The Senior TC owns the technical design throughout the life of the pre-sales engagement with the client, working alongside a Bid Manager (who acts as a pre-sales project manager) and a new business sales representative.
- The responsibility of an RGCOM US Solutions Senior Technical Consultant can be summarized as:
- Providing the technical ownership and direction in RGCOM new business and existing accounts bids
- Pre-sales activities in conjunction with sales, including qualification meetings, presentations, proposal presentation
- Maintenance of a level of client relationship appropriate to the sale with the client’s key technical contacts, supporting the main sales relationship
- Providing technical inputs to client proposals, including text, diagrams and RGCOM cost base, to agreed deadline
- Analysis of bid/proposal at all stages ensuring that overall solution optimizes RGCOM chance of success, technical proposition is correct (with bid team).
- Identifying opportunities within bids to provide additional overlay services to prospects – including Managed IP Telephony, Application Aware Networking (iPanema, Riverbed, etc), Security Services
- Compliance with the Bid Review process
||The Senior Technical Consultant should add value within the internal team, sharing knowledge with other team members, and assisting with technical questions across the entire group.
Working with various other technical teams around the RGCOM business to gain knowledge of solutions that have been provided for other clients, and how these could be applied to current opportunities
Working with the pricing team to continually optimize the infrastructure cost base in a solution
||Presenting the technical solution to the client at a variety of levels up to CIO, both in formal bid presentations and through various other web and phone based sessions.
Adopting the role of a technical advocate for the client, learning their priorities and demonstrating how RGCOM’s vendor-neutral approach can deliver significant levels of value
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Telecom, Engineering, Computer Science, etc
||Minimum 5 years
- Personal initiative and the ability to pro-actively resolve issues
- Good communication skills for external presentations with customers and internal communication
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver on key objectives
- An interpersonal style which is helpful and non-confrontational
- Highly organised and structured working style
- A track record of success as a team player in a multi-functional organisation where processes involve multiple departments and matrix management.
- Multi-Cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use “E” to denote Essential and “D” for Desirable)
Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: VPN, SONET, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPLS services
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “open position” in the subject line.
Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both
Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects
Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
Familiarity with industry standard routing protocols such as: RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, etc
CCNA, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, CISSP, ITIL
Cisco Certified Network Associate qualification (E)