||Sr. TAC Engineer - Tx
||Network Operations & Construction (NO&C)
||Global Network Operations Center
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||Manager TAC- Transmission
Role Summary :
Sr. TAC Engineer is responsible for proactive network management and resolving technical issues relating to the Globalcom SDH and DWDM Network, Customer Services and on need basis Network Management Systems and Operational Support Systems. This position ensures that Network performance is meeting the Set KPI. Sr. TAC Engineer has to work with Technical support Group on chronic and escalated problems, also manage vendors and suppliers on 3rd level technical support to the Globalcom Network Operation Centre team. The part of responsibility also includes planning and execution of all "High Risk "planned activities in the network.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Conduct Pro-Active Network Management of SDH and DWDM Equipment.
- Ensure Network Performance meeting set KPIs.
- Handle Escalated faults related to Transmission network and be a focal point to all related service queries.
- Troubleshooting and fault resolution on network equipments like Alcatel, Lucent, Fujitsu, Ciena, Infinera, Xtera, NEC.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis on complex networking problems, identify issues and resolve faults.
- Manage Major incidents and provide solutions to all escalated cases.
- Work with Technical services Group and Tx Engineering team on chronic problems on both network and customer services.
- Plan and Manage periodic Network Audits analyze the results and implement changes in timely manner.
- Manage Vendors and Suppliers in coordination with Senior TAC, Technical Services Group and Tx Engineering Group to ensure efficient operation of Tx network.
- Track RMA related activities for Faulty/ spares and.
- Activation of new services onto the network and ensure quality is maintained by testing and ensuring any network changes are recorded and logged onto Configuration databases.
- Maintain MTTR, MIT , RFO and Service reports to the customers as per the KPI
- Prepare Global work instructions on all laid down procedures and ensure that any process changes are reflected and communicated to Shift IP Engineers.
- Manage Planned Work Reviews ensuring that all activities of Risk Level 3 and 4 take place as per the “Method Of Procedure”.
- Plan and Manage Critical Planned works as per schedule.
- Coordinate with virtual team across the globe including Regional operations managers, provisioning.
- Active Participation in Pre-planned and Ad-hoc Restoration and Normalization of Network during major network breakdown.
- Maintain proper documentation, prepare handbooks and ensure new learning are documented and subsequently conduct training for the group.
- Conduct in-house trainings and lessons learnt sessions, train TAC engineers and coach Shift Engineers.
Key Performance Indicators :
- 1 Customers with more than 10% service problems are less than 8.0% for the period as per FAB 3D.
- SLA Target Time to Repair < 4 Hrs (except Reject category service cases)
- Mean Incidence Time (48 Hours) for service cases as per FAB 3D targets.
- Escalation to TAC to be less than 10%.
- All Planned Work cases are to be closed in < 48 Hrs.
- Activation of Pre-Planned restoration and ad-hoc restoration within 4 Hours of go ahead.
- Alarm Management as per set KQI and levels in technical support.
Contact with Others :
||NSSE, OPM, Planned Work Team, GSD, Shift Engineers, Shift Leader
||Customers, Suppliers, Vendors.
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||B.E or Preferably M.E
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
- Minimum of 8 years directly related Tx engineering experience and 5 years NOC related experience.
- Minimum 3 year international telecom experience
- Technical competence in SDH, DWDM.
- Desirable to have knowledge on one or more of these systems: Xtera DWDM, Ciena Corestream, Alcatel 1640 DWDM, Alcatel SDH Products, Lucent SDH Products, Ciena Core DirectorCISCO IOS & JUNOS
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems and local CRAFT terminals
- Use of a trouble ticketing system
- Post graduate degree.
- Submarine networks
Technical competence in the following areas: SDH, DWDM, Sub-sea and in particular:
- SDH Topology and management
- Surveillance and monitoring of SDH fibre optic networks
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems
- Knowledge of Add Drop Multiplexers
- Knowledge of Submarine Cable Systems
- Knowledge of DWDM systems
- Alcatel, Lucent, Ciena, Fujitsu, NEC network elements
Must pass Basic IP entrance test
- Use of a trouble ticketing system
- Use of PC and Microsoft Office packages
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “open position” in the subject line.