The Solution Specialist based at Mumbai will be part of the Custom Solution team.
He/She will be responsible for non-standard requirements of customers on entire suite of products offering under Bandwidth services, IP services, Co-location services etc.
He/She will design the customized solution in consultation with Operations, Engineering and Product teams and produce a Custom Solution Document and seek approval from all concerned stake holders.
He/ She will prepare response documents meeting the deadlines for RFP's, RFI's and tenders with approval for deviations from concerned stake holders.
He/She will be required to interact with the customers along with the Sales and Sales Support as a subject matter expert during pre-sales.
Support the regional Sales Support teams in designing the complex solutions.
Provide market insight to Product teams for requirements for new product development and/or product enhancements to meet Customer requirements.
Design or improve the existing processes and on-line tools for meeting the Customer Solution requirement, where necessary.
Training the Graduate Engineer Trainees (GET's) on product and technology
Duties and Responsibilities :
This is a middle management position which demands frequent interaction with the departmental heads for explaining non-standard requirements of customers and getting their approval on the proposed solution.
Role requires designing best fit customized solutions within permissible regulations in conjunction with various internal teams to meet customer’s expectations and getting approval from all stake holders.
Preparing response to the RFP's and RFI's within the deadlines.
Will also be responsible for pre-sales support to Sales and Sales Support teams including customer meetings if required.
Key Performance Indicators :
To provide solutions to 90% of requirements within their deadline.
To ensure that 85% of Custom Solutions submissions are approved within 1 business day and remaining 15% are approved within 3 business days.
Respond to 90% of RFQ / ITT / RFP’s 2 days before deadline.
Contact with Others :
Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Sales and Sales support, Pricing, Billing, Legal and Senior Management
For People Management Positions Only :
No of people directly supervised:
Total size of the team:
Qualification & Experience :
Educational / Academic Qualification
Educational / Academic Qualification- B.E. / B.Tech
Professional Certifications / Additional Qualification- CCNA, CCNP certification will be added advantage.
Candidate Specification :
The role requires an Engineering graduate with 5-8 years experience in Telecom industry. CCNA, CCNP certification will be added advantage.
Solution Design & bid management experience is a must.
Should have in-depth knowledge of SDH, DWDM, IP and MPLS technology.
Good analytical skills, cross-functional working capabilities and good conceptualization and excellent communication skills.
Ability to focus on execution in a multi-cultural environment