||Senior Manager Operations Support
||Global Network Operations
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||VP Global Network Operations
Role Summary :
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide a full suite of support services to the GNO functions located throughout the world. The operations support team is required to take ownership and manage vendor support contracts and ensuring all components are in place to support the day to day business of Network Operations. This includes management and performance of all supply contracts, annual GNO budget preparation, creation of service approval notes, management of the purchase requisition process and timely creation of purchase requisitions and service entry for services provided. In addition the Senior Manager Operations Support is responsible for the Global Spares management and test equipment management processes and provides a point of escalation for supplier and commercial interfaces
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Co-ordinate and oversee the day to day management of all 3rd party support contracts, identifying any potential cost savings and reduction in number of suppliers. Measuring vendor performance with respect to contract baselines and compliance against SLAs. Hold periodic performance reviews with vendors and report on variances to contract and performance.
- Maintain and develop relationship with key vendors / suppliers, providing a clear escalation path for any non-technical issues.
- Prepare and maintain working level view of Network Operations Opex budget, monitoring over / under spend and reporting accordingly.
- Obtain quotes and perform comparative supplier analysis and compile into Service Approval Notes.
- Analyze and make suggestions for problem resolution. Ability to solve problems with good initiative and sound judgment and make decisions independently with minimal guidance.
- Provide operational support to Project and engineering team, including co-ordination of FOMP generation, operational support for site acceptance and commissioning tests. Provide action notes after operational meetings and to ensure these are followed up within RGW. Fulfill the operational requirements of NGN enabling the integration and ORT into mainstream operation as they come on line.
- Provide support for arranging and managing FALCON CLPWG meetings
- Provide Operations expertise in regard to SAP to ensure PR / POs are actioned and associated invoices verified.
- Maintain an overview of status of RGW test equipment, arranging repair, upgrade and replacement when required.
- Maintain an overview of status of RGW sparing plans arranging repair, upgrade and replacement when required
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure and multi-task and manage multiple projects / tasks simultaneously.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Key Result (KR) Area measurements set for the organization and CTO department on a quarterly / annual basis.
- Individual Contribution Area (ICA) set on a quarterly / annual basis by VP GNO.
- Core Responsibilities (CR).
Build and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers and CLS partners reflected in real savings and CSAT results, reduction in repair and provisioning times leading to improved revenues.
Contact with Others :
||Operations, Network Planning & Engineering, Project Teams, Sales Support, Commercial and legal
||Suppliers, Customers, Contractors, CLS Landing Parties
Qualification & Experience
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Candidate should be a B.E/MBA
||1) Total years experience, 10 years = total work experience preferably within the industry
|2) Applicable years experience , 5 years = experience within the industry and related to the role for which the JD applies
|3) Directly applicable experience, 5 years = experience within one or more of the roles for which the JD applies
- Resourceful, self starter, and requires minimum supervision and happy to take ownership
- Able to influence without direct authority
- Customer focused
- Team player, consults, seeks, listens and acts on feedback
- Positive, can-do attitude, guided by practical experience and observation
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
- At least 7 years’ experience in 3rd line support within a Telecoms Company
- Several years managing a complex function within a network operations and multi-vendor environment
- Able to proactively manage third party suppliers
- Significant understanding of sub-sea, transmission and IP technologies and the test equipment required to support.
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “open position” in the subject line.
- Technical / scientific degree
- Project Management skills, Prince or PMP certified, procurement or financial qualifications would be beneficial