|Position Reporting to (Role)
||Reston, VA - USA
Role Summary :
The Reliance Globalcom Sales Engineer (SE) acts as the subject matter expert regarding all Reliance Globalcom products, including: Managed Ethernet Services, Managed Market Data Delivery, Managed Premium Internet and Collocation
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SE leads technical discovery and qualification meetings for prospective customers
and is responsible for educating prospective customers on the benefits of Reliance
Globalcom’s service offerings which include evaluations, presentations and proposals
to take place on conference calls and/or site visits. The SE participates or leads sales
strategy discussions with the account team, understanding customer business and
technical drivers. The SE is responsible to forge direct relationships with prospects
and existing customers. The SE may be required to actively participate in customer
network planning, provide customer training and continually update customers on new
Reliance Globalcom technologies. The SE is required to engineer solutions based on
customer requirements, provide a design document or diagram as necessary and
present solutions to the prospect or customer. The SE will participate with the
account team to obtain customer contract acceptance and ensures final documentation
of the proposed solution is complete and delivered to the service delivery department.
The SE also reduces risk of cancellation by customers prior to acceptance of sold
services, working with internal engineering, support and delivery organizations.
The SE is additionally responsible for developing and presenting technical sales
training for the account teams. The SE will work closely with the Network
Architecture, Network Engineering and Product teams to develop future product
direction and strategy by providing input based on customer and prospect discussions.
The SE will maintain an on-going understanding of the managed services industry
**PLEASE NOTE: This role is only available to United States Citizens, Authorized US Permanent Residents, and others eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. NO EXCEPTIONS**
Key Performance Indicators :
Contact with Others :
- Key Performance Indicators will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in technical qualification and sale to meet or exceed sales quota for the assigned region
- Design supportable and scalable solutions to meet customer requirements
- SLA timeframe for deliverables including Visios, deal tool documents, solution summaries, etc.
- Assist all internal departments, pre-sales and post-sales, regarding the design, implementation and support of a customer solution
||All departments including but not limited to: Sales, Network Engineering, Network Architecture, Network Operations, Activations, Finance, Customer Support
||Direct contact with existing customers and potential clients, engaging in face-to-face meetings and/or conference calls as appropriate and required
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Relevant Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field etc,
Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field desired - Cisco or other IP/Ethernet based certification required
||8-10 years experience in Telecom
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years sales engineering experience providing customer presentations, designs and pricing
- Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: VPN, SONET, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPLS services
- Team player with company and project-oriented initiative
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both
- Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects
- Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision and able to make decisions demonstrating sound business judgment
- Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation
- Must be willing to travel approximately 10-20%
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use “E” to denote Essential and “D” for Desirable)
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “open position” in the subject line.
- Technical certifications such as Cisco’s CCNA, CCNP, CCNA, etc.
- Industry specific certifications such ITIL Fundamentals, CISSP, etc.
- Familiarity with industry standard routing protocols such as: RIP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, etc.
- Familiarity with hardware manufacturers such as Juniper, Cisco, Extreme, Nortel, Lucent and RAD Data Communications,
- Knowledge of multicast data distribution in either the financial or entertainment verticals
- Knowledge of physical infrastructure such as fiber optics, conduit, etc.
- Knowledge of applications, operating systems and security as they pertain to managed hosted solutions
- Knowledge of electrical power and ability to perform power calculations as it pertains to data center topologies