||GLOBAL SERVICE CENTRE
||Global Service Centre
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||TL - OSM/PM
Role Summary :
Reporting to the Team Leader - OSM/PM within the GSC in Mumbai, the purpose of this role is to identify and minimize the adverse affects to our business and to our customers’ service caused by the occurrence of incidents, problems and errors in the deployed network, infrastructure or processes. A large part of the role involves analysis of fault tickets and other data, and the production of reports based on that data. The role is internally focused supporting in-country Assurance teams who own the external customer and supplier relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Ensure process, procedure and work instruction documentation for Problem Management activities is up-to-date
- Analyze fault tickets and other data to produce relevant management information following Customer and Network Incidents and Problems
- Carry out trend analysis and produce reports
- Ensure IT managers or Team Leads are properly identifying and committing resources to perform all Problem Management activities
- Produce monthly reports for Key Customers
- Perform Proactive Problem identification activities
- Analyze recurring faults/ incidents and recommend action. Creates problem records based on inputs
- Work with Service Desk, Incident Management, etc. to determine whether to perform Root Cause Analysis or to implement identified solutions
- Produce statistical and other information to in-country Assurance Teams
- Coordinate with Incident Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management to ensure correct and consistent data is provided to the Problem Management Process.
- Ensure that the individual activities of the process are carried out with regards to agreed service quality levels
- Report on performance against targets such as SLAs and OLAs as requested by in-country Assurance Teams
- Use available tools to match new incidents to existing problems
- Analyze the problem to identify the Configuration Item (CI) involved/at fault – identify the Root Cause
- Serve as point of contact for Subject Matters Experts (SME) assigned to problem investigation
- Provide Configuration Item (CI) data needed to update the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Validate workarounds from Incident Management or creates and validates workarounds
- Communicate data on workarounds and Known Errors (KE)
- Plan and research possible permanent solutions
- Estimate “cost” of solutions
- Recommend permanent solution(s)
- Draft and submit the Request For Change (RFC)
- Identify non-IT infrastructure improvements to reduce incident occurrences
- Participate in Problem Reviews
- Ensure there is a balance among the key components of a good service management environment – people, process and tools.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Number of problem record closed within the targeted specific time frame.
- Reduction of time to implement fixes to known Errors
- Avoiding Repeat Incidents
- Reduction of time of undiagnosed problem
- Process improvements and alignment of process to global processes.
Contact with Others :
||Attending problem reviews meetings with Service managers and assurance managers so as to validate the data which needs to be send out to customer;
Service Assurance, SD, Change Management, Implementation, Service Managers, TDA/ CDA etc.
||Customers, Suppliers/ Partners
For People Management Positions Only:
|No of people directly supervised:
|Total size of the team:
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
Knowledge of front office/ back office processes
Experience in using a ticketing system such as Remedy, Clarify, Clarity, etc
Experience in report writing to make meaning from various data inputs
||ITIL Foundation qualified or experience working within the ITIL framework
IT / Telecoms experience and understanding of basic terminology
|Professional Certifications / Additional Qualification
IT Certifications specific to the technical environment e.g. CCNA
|Other Criteria(If not addressed above)
Displayed knowledge and understanding of the OEP Problem Management Process, Policies and Work Instructions
Should have an understanding of the business and how IT contributes to the delivery of products or services to meet customer needs
Highly self motivated and work well under pressure.
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
Competency & Behavioral Skills: ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Microsoft Office and PC skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes
- Good coordination and administrative skills
- Ability to carry out root cause and trend analyses
- Willingness to suggest actions for improvement
- Negotiating and facilitation skills
- Able to work unsupervised and to meet deadlines
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “open position” in the subject line.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and produce solid work that is both correct and to a high standard.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Customer service oriented