||Sr Manager / DGM Facilities Engineering
||Network Project & Design
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||Director Eng, Network and Services Design
||DAKC - Navi Mumbai
Role Summary :
The primary purpose of this role is to demonstrate leadership , manage and guide the Facilities team in preparing standard and customized solution for all the external and internal customer opportunities, working out costing and customer orders execution at all the global Pop sites, assist in making proposals for replacement of capitalized equipment at RGCL facilities and COLO space expansions. This role would also require to assist in the space and power management/allocation, inventory updation, quote arrangement and vendor data base creation. Provide facility design document for different Transmission and IP projects.
Education - Candidate must be Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Telecommunication)
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Bidding & preparation of RFP/RFQ
- Review of space utilization and examine possibility of partial/full surrender or sublease of unused space.
- Co-ordination with operations, commercials and engineering on all facilities issues.
- PR/CAR for facilities related Opex and Capex.
- Analysis and monitoring of utilities bills
- Reduction and optimization of Opex and Capex.
- Customer Solutions:
Responsible for supporting pre-sales for securing new opportunities by providing technical feasibility and design for Customer Solutions. Assessment of RFP provided by Customer Solutions/ Sales.
- Process & Procedure :
Responsible, with the other engineering departments standardize of internal and cross-functional processes for improved efficiency and effectiveness and standardization of technical specifications, documentation, etc.
- Liaison with all the project stakeholders specially the NOC operation teams and field Engineers and make them understand the proposed design /MoP.
- Interfacing with vendors for different technical issues.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Project driver for facilities infrastructure builds & capital items replacements.
- Vendor development & resource management
- Allocation of rack space, power and ODF ports at all the sites of RGCL.
- Allocation of AC, DC electrical power, cooling capacities and building management system.
- Working out Special Solutions for external and internal customers for Space Utilization and power.
- Designing and reviewing the design of facilities for optimal resources.
- Designing the facilities for expansion
- Procurement of resources/equipments to meet the requirement.
- Creating the data bank of suppliers
- Building and updating master lay outs for each location.
- Keeping the records of all the details of all the sites
- Arranging Quotes and raising the purchase requisition request for generation of PO.
- Verifying invoices and clearance in SAP as required.
- Monitoring and general analysis of Electricity charges of some important RGCL sites.
- Updating the colocation floor plan and allocation of FTIL for the customer footprint
- Facilitates & provide support for new projects of RGCL engineering team
Contact with Others :
||Key interfaces are all of Engineering, Operations, Product, Solutions /Pre-sales and Commercial peers
||Communication with peers/partners, Off-net and equipment suppliers, equipment vendors , project managers and others as necessary normally up to and including CTO
For People Management Positions Only:
|No of people directly supervised:
|Total size of the team:
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Telecommunication)
|Professional Certifications / Additional Qualification
||Master of Engineering in Electrical or Telecommunications
||1.At least 12-15 years of Managerial experience in a data center or carrier environment, wholesale or large retail ISP
Should understand electrical networks and systems.
|Other Criteria(If not addressed above)
||1. Good knowledge of Script writing in Excel, Access and Good Power Point Presentation
He/She should be a Excellent Manager, highly focused, self motivated with demonstrated maturity and ability to lead from the front. H/she will be directly interacting with a team of energetic and capable network engineers and subject matter experts spread globally, and will support dynamic and diverse operations team and driven product developers on a worldwide basis.
Technical/Functional Skills: ( Use "E" to denote Essential and "D" for Desirable)
- Experience in a data center or carrier environment, wholesale or large retail ISP
- Should understand electrical networks and systems.
- Should have worked in MS package, CAD, Visio, SAP and other project management software.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, fluent in written and spoken English
- Should have commercial acumen and good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Be able to demonstrate proactively in all aspects of the role
- Capable of working in a cross functional team environment
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Ability to initiate and establish good relationships with peering partners
Competency & Behavioral Skills: (Use “E” to denote Essential and “D” for Desirable)
- Design solution experience for large infrastructure builds with Telecom operator companies having operation in global geographically distributed locations.
- Superb communications skills, written and verbal English
- Superior attention to detail, 100% accuracy is required
- Effective Team Player, ability to initiate and establish good relationships with internal partners Operations, Product/Marketing, Solutions Engineering / Pre-sales and other Engineering team members
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to proactively lead and mange all aspects of any project.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily activities
- Superb ability to:
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to email@example.com with “open position” in the subject line.
- work under pressure,
- be flexible and support at odd hours during crisis and important events
- adapt to multinational organization with diverse cultures,