||Carrier Sales Account Executive
|Position Reporting to (Role)
||Managing Director / VP Americas
||Reston, VA or Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA
Role Summary :
In this role the Account Executive your focus will be on securing new accounts and revenue for the company. In doing so, the individual will engage with prospects at multiple levels. Main customer focus will be in the ISP, CDN and Cloud Computing space.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and implement an account strategy.
- Lead sales strategies for multiple opportunities.
- Gather client information, analyze requirements, and determine areas of opportunity through an understanding of technical challenges and needs.
- Contribute to solving customers' challenges by applying a combination of technology, business, interpersonal, and professional experience and propose/demonstrate solutions presenting product attributes.
- Perform market analysis and competitive benchmarking.
- Utilize internal resources and collaborate with various departments within the organization to provide client with information and services.
- Develop sales forecasts.
- Prepare and deliver status reports on opportunities.
- Travel throughout geography as necessary.
**PLEASE NOTE: This role is only available to United States Citizens, Authorized US Permanent Residents, and others eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. NO EXCEPTIONS**
Key Performance Indicators :
Contact with Others :
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas, maintaining existing and building new revenue within named account base
- Will build and maintain accurate and up to date strategic account plans.
- Manage sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas
||Working across all internal department Sales, Sales Support, Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Engineering, Commercial, Legal and Finance organizations globally
||Working with customers and suppliers as appropriate to generate sales opportunities and to influence and improve RGCOM sales win success
Qualification & Experience:
|Educational / Academic Qualification
||Bachelor’s degree in any field
||Minimum 7 years experience in Telecom/Carrier sales
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to email@example.com with “open position” in the subject line.
- Personal initiative and the ability to pro-actively resolve issues
- Good communication skills for external presentations with customers and internal communication
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver on key objectives
- An interpersonal style which is helpful and non-confrontational
- Highly organised and structured working style
- A track record of success as a team player in a multi-functional organisation where processes involve multiple departments and matrix management.
- Multi-Cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Successful track record prospecting including cold calls and lead generation in a business-to-business environment, specifically in the ISP, CDN and Cloud Computing Space
- Experience selling business value to VP and Director level contacts, as well as technical users, with the ability to close at the CIO/CTO level.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are a must.Candidate should be experienced in conducting in-person and on-line meetings.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, strong sense of urgency, results-oriented approach.
- Demonstrated track record of growing the business by exceeding sales targets/quotas.